Close

Default act sensor location

where is the best place for the act sensor? leave it on the lower or put it on the intake tube? I know on my 95 it on the tube. does it make a diff? just wanted to get yalls opinion. thanks
    "I'm a mental patient, I'm suppose to act out!"

redhorse

I would think with the compucar wet kit (in your sig) that you would want the act in the lower.

why? I have seen kits to relocate them, just wondering if it was worth it. on my old one it had carbon built up on it and the sensor wire was broken(still the original one, yikes!) I replaced it and couldn't tell a difference

redhorse

I realy don't know for sure. just thinking that you would want the computer to adjust when you hit the juice.

true. just wonder if the fuel coming through the intake would mess up the sensor. I know the fuel should atomize coming through but you never know. wonder why they put it in the tube on later ones.

Fuel is injected AFTER the ACT sensor in the #5 lower runner. If you relocate the sensor, the ECM should be recalibrated. I don't care who says otherwise.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

why would the computer have to be reprogramed? even the sd computer? my thinking is, if is in the tube then the air it reads will be cooler than in in the intake therefore the computer will semi-adjust with more fuel. kinda like a maf sensor.

rich is bad, and the reason they are talking about the fuel messing up the sensor is the nitrous kit, i assume it is wet
    Having no ASCII art is NOT cool

yeah its a wet kit, with a fogger nozzle I put in the intake track just ahead of the tb. I know rich is bad but if the air is cooler therefore making more power then it would need more fuel. I don't know how sensative the act is and how much control it has. my local mustang shop said to leave it where it is, but they have been wrong before.

I'm sure if the wet kits were screwing up the ACT sensors somebody would have heard of it by now. I'd say you'd probably be fine leaving it where it is.
    2R '85 GT 'vert - VIN code M fuel injected 5.0 HO

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

Fuel injected before the throttle body? Yuck.

Those are the worst kind of "wet" kits in my opinion. The upper intake manifold, with a 180º bend, has no business flowing any kind of liquid, especially fuel. You're just asking to blow the intake into pieces.

There is no valid reason/benefit to moving the ACT sensor away from the intake without reprogramming the ecu. The 94-95 ecu's ACT tables are designed for the relocation.

The only time i'll change the tables is with force induction applications. We modify the ACT tables to pull timing when intake charge temps are on the rise. It helps prevent the lead foots from blowing up their engine when they make back to back WOT runs with heat-soaked blowers.
    1984 Capri RS - 503rwhp/558 Ft/tq on pump gas
    1986 Mustang GT Convertible - 40k, all original

ok I will just leave it on the lower. the wet system I have has given me no problems at all. I ran a 125 shot with it on my 95, but I only run a 75 on my 86 mainly because it has 178000 miles on it. i got the system used for a good price also have an extra nos bottle that I got for free. I had the system on my focus too and the guy I got it from had it on his 99 gt. it just really is more of an intercooler than anything at this point because it gets a little hot here in texas.

Quote Originally Posted by embler
    ok I will just leave it on the lower. the wet system I have has given me no problems at all. I ran a 125 shot with it on my 95, but I only run a 75 on my 86 mainly because it has 178000 miles on it. i got the system used for a good price also have an extra nos bottle that I got for free. I had the system on my focus too and the guy I got it from had it on his 99 gt. it just really is more of an intercooler than anything at this point because it gets a little hot here in texas.
    I hope you're reffering to a bottle specifically made by Nitrous Oxide Systems. :P
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 - Ran into a tree (fixed!)
    2005 Ranger XLT 4x4 - Daily Driver/Tow vehicle
    1992 Mustang LX 2.3 - MPG baby yeah!
    1994 Explorer - Fix 'n Flipper

yeah that's what I was referring to. I am not a "noss" user. I use nitrous, juice, spray no "noss".

I run a 3000hp shot of Nawzzzz on my Civic. It runs low 9s man. Nawzzz is awesome! Yo, you got Nawzzzz bro? I heard Puffy has Nawzzzz on his Escalade.

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

lmao! yeah I had the juice on my fucus only thing that made it have enough power to get out its own way. no replacement for displacement

Quote Originally Posted by embler
    I had the juice on my focus only thing that made it have enough power to get out its own way. no replacement for displacement
    LOL, I bet that made the car a bit peppier. I agree, no replacment for displacment.

- William James

yeah I ran a 50 shot, had a cai, and a diablosport chip. ran a 17.77 stock and a 15.75 with the mods. alright for a four in the 1/4.