Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Removed my old flex a lite fan controller from the fenderwell, installed the fan relay instead. So much neater. Next is removing the bumperettes from my front bumper, i keep smashing my knees on them
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Have everything off the motor to pull it out next weekend for complete overhaul. Spending some money but it’s going to be awesome!
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

FEP Power Member

The splitter looks good from here, need a side shot.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN50 View Post
    The splitter looks good from here, need a side shot.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

FEP Power Member

Oh yeah, looking good!
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN50 View Post
    Oh yeah, looking good!
    Thanks dude! This was pretty high up on my wish-list. I'm glad I waited for something proper and didn't jump into the Mach-1 piece. The SEM paint you recommended is definitely the magic touch.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Removed my driveshaft and T5 to get ready for engine pull next weekend. Took me and my neighbour literally 3 minutes to remove it from the car once all the interior and cables were disconnected. That was doing it on cribbing with one floor jack. Piece of cake.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Picked up the 83 from the winter slumber yesterday and put 100 miles on. I filled the tank today and was happy to see I avg. 19 mpg this last tank. That’s with the 1906 on it.
    Not much else really other than getting old and boy if you got your health you better appreciate it. I’ve had 2 herniated disc’s in my neck in 6 months time and need 3 vertebrae fused now. Between the pain and dealing with the B.S. dr.s any enjoyment has taken a back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbsovertech View Post
    Picked up the 83 from the winter slumber yesterday and put 100 miles on. I filled the tank today and was happy to see I avg. 19 mpg this last tank. That’s with the 1906 on it.
    Not much else really other than getting old and boy if you got your health you better appreciate it. I’ve had 2 herniated disc’s in my neck in 6 months time and need 3 vertebrae fused now. Between the pain and dealing with the B.S. dr.s any enjoyment has taken a back seat.
    Man, sorry to hear that and I read ya loud and clear on the health stuff. I really think that was the major factor in my decision to do all the mods and upgrades to my car and get it done. You just never know when that crap is going to hit you when your middle age. Lost most of the vision in my left eye all of a sudden about a little over a month ago. Ended up getting ocular neuritis and have been on a nasty high dose of steroids that have been kicking my butt. Ct scans, neurological appointments, mri’s to see what's going on. Still don’t know, but the less they find before the mri is leading down to having MS. I’m 49. So get out there and enjoy what you got and while you can cause you never know.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I don’t think I ever mentioned it before but I’m almost completely blind. I had a stroke and Brain hemorrhage about 10 years ago. And only have the inner half of my left eye that works still.I quit driving for 7 years and basically gave in to the dr.s every whim. It ended up costing me 5 1/2 years of unimaginable headaches and sweats leading up to a point where they wanted to cut intestines out. Dr. Walked out mid app. Cause I was in full pain that time begging for help. That was the final straw, stopped going stopped the antidepressants (prescribed for pain)and headaches started going away. Lesson being dr.s don’t care or know any better than you do but sounds to me like you had a stroke possibly damage to the ocular nerve. It really pays to google symptoms and whatnot. Sorry for the rant but today’s health care is poop.
    Last edited by Carbsovertech; 05-12-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Several neighborhood streets here were re asphalted Saturday. Nice day 70F.
    Dust and pebbles all over the car, truck, drive from the old surface grinding.
    Had to power wash everything good. Lucky no damage. Would have moved vehicles to a safer spot.
    No advance warning the work was going to be done. Not the workers fault. Blame a#***e management.
    Cop came and told them to stop at 1030p 1.5 loads away from finish.
    First 8' lane machine broke down around 4p. Something locked up on it no restart.
    2nd machine was 10'- too wide for a clean center seam-working in the dark too.
    Machine 1 was a high hour machine had LEDs for night work. Laid mix nice and even.
    #2 had no work lights. Both were Cats.

Why do companies push workers so hard? 6a -11p shift is bs. Not safe either.
    Plus the asphalt was not as warm as earlier in day- At night, fresh laid mix read 100-120F.
    I checked it with IR. Supposed to be much hotter. Is rough even after rolling.

Cleaned all the glass squeaky clean. Mirrors too. Fast no streaking, no microfiber wipe needed.
    Spritzed one end of an old towel with water, Glass Plus, drop of Dawn.
    Needed some rubbing pressure bit more than normal to normally clean glass.
    Worked on the paint and plastic too.
    Was sun baked tar grit and dust from recent street repave operations.
    Did not want to do the razor blade bit on the new windshield.
    A plastic ice scraper did not do anything.
    The mix of Glass Plus and Dawn created a thin white sud easy to see, dried fast.
    Last edited by gr79; 05-20-2024 at 07:54 PM.

Pulled the engine, transported 2 hours and tore it apart all in 4 hours. Block is off to the machine shop this week to get hot tanked, inspected, honed and decked.

Name:  IMG_2646.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  365.5 KBName:  IMG_2687.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  309.0 KB
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234